Fecha actual Jue Ago 16, 2018 1:48 am

Todos los horarios son UTC - 4 horas

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 48 mensajes ]  Ir a página 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Siguiente
Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: HOLA. HELLO! PLEASE HELP!!
NotaPublicado: Sab Abr 19, 2014 10:12 am 
 WWW  Perfil

I am sorry I do not speak much Spanish. No hablo Espanol.

I have just arrived in Chile with my 2008 Land Rover Discovery G4 from England.

I am driving across the world for Sports Trek (see http://www.sports-trek.com and updates on Facebook)

I left London July 2012 and South America is my fourth continent.

I would like to meet you and other Land Rover Clubs in Chile, Argentina and Brazil on my journey.

Maybe if I need any help or servicing you may be able to advise me.

I am on a fantastic adventure, but at the moment I have problems at Puerta de Lirquen, Concepcion.
The customs/aduana refuse my car entry. They say I am not allowed to drive it because it is has UK Right Hand Drive (steering).
I may have to arrange for transport to Argentina and miss my journey through Chile.
Can anyone help me? Please

Asunto: Re: HOLA. HELLO! PLEASE HELP!!
NotaPublicado: Sab Abr 19, 2014 11:21 am 
Moderador

Hi Sporttrek.

Sorry to heard that.
Im not sure, but If I remember well several "wrong side driver " Land Rovers has been visiting us in the last years, An Autralian was here in 2011 using the Valparaiso Port to enter without any issue.

Considering that you are made a temporary entrance to Chile (If not they are rigth) you should ask under wich reglament they are refusing the car entry and were in this reglament or law stating that you cannot drive your car in Chile.

Probably they have some confusion.
As far as I know the normative including in the general drive law (http://www.subtrans.gob.cl/subtrans/doc ... ualizacion).pdf) have a complete tittle regarding the vehicles with foreingein plates in the TITULO IV ARTS. 52-54 DE LA PATENTE EXTRANJERA, DISTINTIVOS Y DOCUMENTOS INTERNACIONALES and stated that Chile follows the Geneva Convention of Motorway Circulation and according this convention (the same that you use to drive your rigth side car in France) the only restriction is that you need to be in the correct way, but doesnt said anything regarding the driver side. Also the Chilean law doesnt said nothing about left or rigth side in the circulation law. This restriction is only applicable for cars that will be sold in Chile (not your case again)

The normative of the left side is only applicable for the vehicles that are applying for chilean plates, and that is not your case were only a temporary admisssion is asking.

I hope that can help you

Cheers

--------------------------------------
Imagen

NotaPublicado: Sab Abr 19, 2014 11:44 am 
 WWW  Perfil

Hello sporttrek, still 2006 no body can drive in Chile with a RHD car even if you are in transit or a tourist with a U.K plate. On monday I will check with the Ministry of Transport and Communications if they can give you an special pemission. Contact me on getawaychile@icloud.com.
I`am so sorry because I think that they will say no, kind regards..

If you need anything else in Santiago contact me...

-------------------------------
Discovery II 2003 V8 4.0

NotaPublicado: Sab Abr 19, 2014 11:57 am 
Moderador

Pmorande,

Im not sure if this law apply to a car with temporary admission in consideration with the Geneva Convention.
I seen at least 4-5 rigth drive side Land Rovers belonging to overlanders that have been in Chile without any trouble.

Sporttrek
Maybe you can take contact with Carlos, an australian guy that enter his rigth side car in Chile through the Valparaiso port for overlanding carlosruizavila(arroba)gmail.com and ask him how he do it (he speak only english).

Cheers and good luck again

Eduardo

--------------------------------------
Imagen

NotaPublicado: Sab Abr 19, 2014 7:47 pm 
 WWW  Perfil

Before I make the call on monday, please read this : http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/s ... nied-68172

Kind regards...

Discovery II 2003 V8 4.0

NotaPublicado: Sab Abr 19, 2014 10:33 pm 

SportsTrek escribió:
I am sorry I do not speak much Spanish. No hablo Espanol.

I have just arrived in Chile with my 2008 Land Rover Discovery G4 from England.

I am driving across the world for Sports Trek (see http://www.sports-trek.com and updates on Facebook)

I left London July 2012 and South America is my fourth continent.

I would like to meet you and other Land Rover Clubs in Chile, Argentina and Brazil on my journey.

Maybe if I need any help or servicing you may be able to advise me.

I am on a fantastic adventure, but at the moment I have problems at Puerta de Lirquen, Concepcion.
The customs/aduana refuse my car entry. They say I am not allowed to drive it because it is has UK Right Hand Drive (steering).
I may have to arrange for transport to Argentina and miss my journey through Chile.
Can anyone help me? Please

Hello SportsTrek
    My name is German Faúndez, you know I live near the Port of Lirquén and maybe I can help in something ..... Where are you staying and if you can call or get together to see your Land Rover theme .....
My home number is 041-2460532

Best regards

Concepción

NotaPublicado: Lun Abr 21, 2014 12:52 am 

Hi, SportsTrek....

Hope you are well even the problem with the Chilean Custom. Due my sad experience with the Chilean Custom officers I can confirm that they are wrong with the temporary admission denial because they must accomplish their actions with the last valid Chilean General Traffic Law from November 07, 2009 and it says as follows:

"Norma: Ley 18290
Versión: Última Versión De: 07-NOV-2009 Fecha Publicación: 07-FEB-1984 Fecha Promulgación: 23-ENE-1984 Organismo: MINISTERIO DE JUSTICIA Materias: TRANSITO / LEGISLACION / CHILE; LEY DE TRANSITO

TITULO IV
DE LA PATENTE EXTRANJERA, DISTINTIVOS Y DOCUMENTOS INTERNACIONALES
(Of the foreign plates, distinctives and international documentes)

Artículo 52.- Los vehículos motorizados con patente extranjera que entren al país, en admisión temporal, al amparo de lo establecido en la "Convención sobre la Circulación por Carreteras" de Ginebra de 1949, podrán circular libremente en el territorio nacional por el plazo que contempla dicha Convención, siempre que cumplan los siguientes requisitos:
1.- Llevar colocada en la forma reglamentaria la o las placas patentes vigentes, de su país de origen;
(Keep placed the valid plates in the reglamentary way in the country of origin)
2.- Llevar colocado en la parte posterior del vehículo el signo distintivo del país al cual corresponde la placa patente, según lo dispone el artículo 20, inciso segundo, anexo 4 de la Convención de Ginebra de 1949;
(Keep placed in the rear of the car the distinctive signal of the coutry where the plates correspond in accordance with the Geneva Convention)
3.- Ser portador de un certificado internacional para automóviles o padrón del vehículo, según lo dispone el artículo 18, inciso segundo, de esa Convención, y
(Be bearier of an international certificate for automotives or tittle of the car, in accordance of this Convention, and)
4.- Estar amparado por documentos aduaneros válidos internacionalmente, según lo dispuesto en el artículo 3°, inciso segundo, de la Convención referida.

(Be covered by a valid international custom documents under the referred Convention)

Artículo 53.- El titular de una licencia o permiso internacional vigente para guiar vehículos motorizados, expedidos en países extranjeros en conformidad con la Convención de Ginebra, podrá conducir en todo el territorio de la República y quedará sometido a las prescripciones de la presente ley y demás normas legales o reglamentarias.
Las entidades nacionales que obtengan reconocimiento internacional, de conformidad con la Convención de
Ginebra sobre Circulación Caminera, promulgada por decreto supremo Nº 485, de 30 de agosto de 1960, del Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores, deberán acreditarse ante el Ministerio de Transportes y Telecomunicaciones y estarán facultadas para otorgar permisos internacionales que habiliten a conducir en el extranjero.
Artículo 54.- El conductor de un vehículo con patente extranjera que posea licencia o permiso internacional para conducir, deberá entregar, cada vez que se lo solicite la autoridad, los comprobantes que habiliten tanto la circulación del vehículo como el uso y vigencia de su documentación personal.
Los vehículos motorizados que tengan matrícula extranjera y que ingresen provisoria o temporalmente al país, sin que les resulten aplicables normas sobre seguros en virtud de convenios o acuerdos internacionales, deberán contratar un seguro que contemple, a lo menos, las características, coberturas e indemnizaciones del establecido en la ley Nº 18.490. Adicionalmente, se podrá exigir un seguro de responsabilidad civil. Estos seguros deberán contratarse con compañías de seguros chilenas o extranjeras que tengan convenios con compañías de seguros nacionales. Si
estos vehículos intervinieren en accidentes del tránsito, Carabineros de Chile procederá a retirar la documentación de ingreso provisorio o temporal del vehículo, expedida por el Servicio Nacional de Aduanas, para entregarla al tribunal o fiscalía competente, según corresponda. El Ministerio de Transportes y Telecomunicaciones, previo informe de la
Superintendencia de Valores y Seguros, establecerá el origen de las matrículas de los vehículos que deberán
contratar los seguros señalados y sus características, coberturas, indemnizaciones y demás materias técnicas que sean pertinentes.
El Juez de Policía Local que conozca de la correspondiente denuncia, podrá suspender el uso de la respectiva licencia o permiso internacional en caso de comprobarse alguna contravención de su titular a la normativa del tránsito o de transporte terrestre dictada por el Ministerio de Transportes y Telecomunicaciones."

The articles 53 & 54 just talk about the driver license and the inssurance they must have to drive along through Chilean streets & roads...

I suggest you to contact a Custom Agent that advise you with the paperwork before the Chilean Custom using this part of the Chilean law where is not indicated as requirement for the temporary admission the side of the wheel, only that you have to meet the Geneva International Convention of 1949.

Regrettably, our Custom service is not the best of our public system and they tend to misinterpret the law as their own, being normally wrong or abusing of their position, but not corrupt.

Hope you can overcome this situation and enjoy our country from north to south.....and change your mind about us..!!

Kinds regards

"PILCHERO"
Imagen
PUNTA ARENAS
Capital de la Patagonia Chilena
Centro geográfico de Chile

NotaPublicado: Lun Abr 21, 2014 8:42 am 
 WWW  Perfil

Dear Julian, this morning I call Servicio Nacional de Aduanas and the Ministerio de Transporte and both tell me that you don't have any problem to drive your RHD car in Chile with a temporary permission. But you have to contact this woman:

Liliana Tapia phone: 041-2857700 address: Blanco Encalada 444 of.301 Edificio don Cristobal

She is waiting for you to start, the fast that she can, a: TITV Titulo de importacion temporal de vehiculo de turista
This permission you can have it for 90 days and remember that you also have to pay a insurance for the car.

I hope that you can read this e-mail before you decide to go only to Argentina, remember that the real Patagonia is in Chile.
I think that you already find a solution because you don`t answer our e-mails. Kind regards and good luck...

P.D: todos los dias se aprende algo nuevo...

Discovery II 2003 V8 4.0

NotaPublicado: Lun Abr 21, 2014 1:57 pm 
 WWW  Perfil

Hola everyone!

Thank you all for a fantastic response.

There is much going on today in Concepcion, thanks to many people who are trying to help me.

And so I may be allowed to drive my car out of the port but I still don't know if this will happen today or tomorrow .…

But the port will be charging me money for keeping my car there.
So now I also need to arrange for my car to taken out of the port at Lirquen by lift on to a truck / camion to secure parking.

I don't have internet connection when I am out so if you can help please telephone me on 909 83349.

Muchas gracias por todo.

Julian

NotaPublicado: Lun Abr 21, 2014 3:13 pm 
 WWW  Perfil

Estimados, luego de insistir durante casi todo el día con el MTT, Aduna, etc. quiero compartir en este foro de manera que quede un registro para futuro, que es imposible conseguir un titulo de importación temporal de vehículo por hasta 90 días ( TITV ) para vehículos con el manubrio en el costado derecho. Ni con tratado de Ginebra, ni con Fundaciones, etc. a continuación les envío el e-mail que envíe a Julian por si alguien quiere insistir o tiene algún contacto superior a estos, podrá encontrar los contactos:

Dear Julian, Iam so sorry but there is no choice that you drive your RHD car in Chile.
After a long call with the lawyer from the MTT ( Ministerio de Transporte y Telecomunicaciones ) and the chief from the Aduana in Valparaiso Sergio Gonzales and Claudio Cid in Concepcion, they tell me that the resolution from 1988 number 36 says that any car with a RHD can’t ride in Chile. After that I tell them about the Geneva International Convention of 1949. and the lawyer from the MTT tell me that Chile only work with the International Transport Convention from 1991 that not included UK and only included south american countries. I`am so sorry because after a long discussion, all of them told me about many cases like you and no one receive any permission to drive in Chile only those car who participate in the Dakar. Just in case you will insist, here are all the contacts that I call and all of them know very well your case.

MTT ( Ministry of transport & communications ) :
Eugenio Avile; 02-24213106 ( the lawyer from MTT )
Maria Paz: 02-24213119

Customer service in Concepcion:
Liliana Tapia: 041-2857700
Jorge Ortega: 041-2857761 jaortega@aduana.cl
Wildo Arevalo: 041-2857738 warevalo@aduana.cl
Claudio Cid Bermann (chief): ccid@aduana.cl

Customer service in Valparaiso:
Sergio Gonzales: 032-2134557
Veronica Carvajal: 032-2134557

If you come back to Santiago I can take you to the LR meeting on 26 & 27 of april in Santa Cruz and if you have time someday please take a look to this video: http://vimeo.com/78931080 , here you can see what we do one time a year with the Montaña de la Alegria Program. Before you go to Argentina, please check if you can drive in Argentina and if you need tips I have some ones: http://www.flickr.com/photos/getaway-chile/sets/

Good luck and stay in contact...

Discovery II 2003 V8 4.0

Nuevo tema Responder al tema  [ 48 mensajes ]  Ir a página 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Siguiente

Todos los horarios son UTC - 4 horas